It is a fortress city. The Old Town is located on a large steep and rocky plateau, which is washed on all sides by the waters of the river Smotrych. If you look at it on the map, it looks like a horseshoe. The key to the Old Town for centuries was the Old Castle because only under that there was the only bridge that led to Kamianets. Kamianets-Podilskyi is increasingly becoming one of the main tourist centers of Ukraine. In addition to the constant festivals of historical reconstruction, balloon flights are constantly held here, which attract people to the city even more. Kamianets-Podilskyi is also a commercial and transport center in the south of Podillya. Routes to Romania, Bukovyna, Ternopil and Vinnytsia regions pass through the city.
It is believed that the first fortifications appeared here already in the 11th or 12th centuries, and during the reign of the Koriatovycze Princes, the castle was significantly strengthened. Its next reconstruction occurred in the 15th-16th centuries. Since then, it has come down to us without significant changes. The castle was so powerful that, according to legend, in 1621 Sultan Osman seeing it, said: "May Allah storm it", and withdrew his army. The Cossacks of Khmelnytskyi were also unable to take the fortifications. Only in 1672, after a long siege and capture of the upper New Castle, Old Castle was given in to the Ottomans. However, not all of the pledges yielded to surrender. Someone dropped a powder tower into the air, which was never rebuilt. The castle has ten towers. Vodna tower controlled Smotrych and the gate, which was dismantled in the 19th century. There is also an extremely deep well, hollowed out in the thickness of the rock. In the highest tower, the Pontifical one, built thanks to the help of Pope Julius II in the 19th century, when the castle was a prison, Ustym Karmaliuk was repeatedly imprisoned. Today, various festivals are often held on the territory of the fortification, so it is also the capital of reenactors. The Old and New Castles offer an incredible panorama of the north-western part of the Old Town — the so-called "Catholic facade". This is not surprising that in pre-communist times, it was made up of monasteries of the following orders: Carmelites, Jesuits, Franciscans, Dominicans and Trinitarians. All this was crowned by the Sts. Peter and Paul Cathedral.
One of the most majestic and unique churches of Kamianets-Podilskyi. The architectural complex of Sts. Peter and Paul Cathedral includes the church, bell tower, arch, and minaret. The appearance of the ancient wooden church is connected with the establishment of the Podillian Diocese (1375). In the 15th century, the church was a basilica. Probably the authors of the creation of the church were Pavlo from Boianchytsi and Jakiv Buchatski. During Turkish times, the church became the mosque and the newly appeared chapel became the minaret. The church was consecrated after the returning of Podillya to Poland. In addition, the wooden sculpture of the Virgin Mary is raised on the top of the minaret. In 1756 it was replaced by a copper sculpture from Gdansk. The bell tower (16 century) in baroque style is located near the church. The arch is preserved nowadays without any changes (built-in honor of polish king Stanisław August, who was here in 1781). Since 1936, there have been museums and a pipe organ hall. Nowadays there is a Roman Catholic church.
Holy Trinity Church appeared instead of the old wooden church in 1750-1765 by congregation donation. Probably a famous architect, military engineer, and shelter shift, Jan de Witte was the author of frontispiece architecture in baroque style. The frontispiece with fronton shows the principal philosophy of Order of the Most Holy Trinity – the redemption of slaves from Muslim captivity. A stone fence with a gate surrounds the territory of the church. The stairs lead on two sides, bounded by a parapet wall with the figure of Mary. On top of the two gate's pylons are sculptures of the order's founders - John from Maty and Felix Valezius. On the eastern part of the fence is the bell tower. Exquisite late Baroque stucco remains in the interior of the church. The restoration of the church lasted from 1975 to 1988. The Greek Catholic community has used a church of Josaphat Kuntsevych since 1992 when they got the building. Later, there was a restoration of the choir fencing. Moreover, the installation of the iconostasis and bells on the bell tower also was there.