Most of the tourists consider that the most famous attractions of Vinnytsia are Artynov Tower on the European Square and the biggest floating light and music fountain in Europe. However, Vinnytsia is rich in other magnets. For instance, there are many fascinating museums with exhibitions about Vinnytsia’s trolleybuses, models of transport, equipment, and vehicles of last centuries; in addition, famous citizens of Vinnytsia – N. Pirogov and M. Kotsiubynskyi. Tour guides and active leisure activities are developing at a rapid pace. You can see the Art Nouveau houses of the beginning of the 20th century and diversified street art of the 21st century on city downtown streets. Moreover, there is an old quarter with a particular atmosphere – Ierusalimka near the city center.
This is a fortification complex that appeared together with the appearance of the Monastery and the collegium of the Jesuit order in the city before 1617. Then starosta of Vinnytsia, Valentiy-Olexander Kalinovskyi granted the order his lands. Indeed, starosta is a term of Slavic origin denoting a community elder whose role was to administer the assets of a clan or family estates. Walls with numerous arrow slits and towers surrounded both the Jesuit and Dominican Monastery, which was built immediately after the Jesuit one. In the nineteenth century, most of the walls and towers were dismantled and today only the south-western tower remains with a section of the wall supported by buttresses. At various times, Vinnytsia Mures were home to institutions such as the Treasury, a court, a prison, warehouses, a military unit, a fire brigade, and a hospital
The church belongs to the Roman Catholic congregation of the Order of Friars Minor Capuchin (a branch of the Franciscan Order), which appeared in Vinnytsia in 1746 at the expense of the local starosta Ludvik Kalinovsky. The church was built according to the order's tradition in modest forms, it was complemented by a Monastic cell with a courtyard cloister. The Capuchins were in their own communities until 1888 when it was closed by the Tsarist autocracy. In Soviet times, the church contained an atheist lecture hall, and the entire complex was greatly rebuilt. In 1990, the church was given to the faithful people of the Latin rite, and today it has returned to its authentic appearance. In the church, there is an old pipe organ that previously played in a former Dominican Church. Pilgrims are also very interested in the large and cleared Capuchin dungeons.
The oldest Orthodox Church in Vinnytsia is located near Zamkova Hora on a cliff above the Pivdennyi Buh. It was built by Anton Pustelnik in 1746 and it is a vivid example of the traditional three-sided three-log Ukrainian wooden sacred architecture of the Baroque era. Its value is added by the fact that in Ukraine there are no more than a dozen such churches that were not rebuilt in the 19-20th centuries. The so-called danger adds elegance to the attraction-an open gallery surrounding the temple around the perimeter. There is a magnificent bell tower nearby. Its first tier is made of stone and reinforced from the outside with buttresses, the second is made of wood. Some historians suggest that this construction could also have a fortification significance.
Between Uspenskа Street and Zamkova is the place where the Vinnytsia castle, built by the Koriatovych princes, stood from the last third of the 14th century. From the descriptions of this fortification in the middle of the 14th century, we learn that it was made of wood: two rows of wooden walls, between which sand and soil were filled with. This constructions made it possible to successfully hold the siege, and being protected from adverse artillery. The fortification had five towers and was armed with three cannons. All this did not stop the Tatars, who in 1580 conquered and destroyed the castle. This castle was not rebuilt afterwards. The fortifications were moved to Kempa island, where it was until the end of the 18th century.
Built in 1924, it is one of the oldest in Ukraine. The station's units come from Austria and have a total power of 1,050 kW. In the summer of 1984, an accident occurred when the lock fasteners broke. Then a powerful stream carried away the metal shield of one of them for two hundred meters. The water level in the Pivdennyi Buh fell significantly and its supply to residents of the city was stopped for one day. The hole was pelted with large concrete blocks, and the station itself was repaired for several months. Near this place, there is a picturesque place - “Kotsyubinskyi Stone”, which is a geological monument of nature. Here are engraved quotes from the writer's work. Some people believe that on these blocks the writer liked to sit, and, perhaps, create.